Keeping your child safe online can be challenging especially when they become more independent as teenagers. There are lots of great websites with useful advice. Below are a variety of different links to websites you may find helpful.
CEOP Education (thinkuknow.co.uk) is the online safety education programme from the National Crime Agency and their website has home activity packs from the ages of 4yrs to 14+yrs to take support from.
Gaming – Get Safe Online provide information highlighting the risks and how parents can keep on-line gaming safe.
Advice from social media platforms
The following guidance is provided by each of the major social media platforms. Click to read detailed information.
· Facebook: basic privacy settings and tools
· Twitter: how to protect and unprotect your Tweets
· YouTube: privacy and safety
· Instagram: privacy settings and information
· LinkedIn: account and privacy settings overview
· Snapchat: privacy settings
Parents/Carers can also visit the Police Scotland website for more links and security advice https://www.scotland.police.uk/advice-and-information/internet-safety/